Outset Studio – Booking agreement
“The Client” means any person or organisation dealing with the Studio or any agent, representative, servant, employee or subcontractor of such person or organisation. “The Equipment” means all fixtures and fittings and all equipment situated in, or provided by, The Studio including, but not exclusive to, lighting, radio triggers, polyboards, stands, reflectors and coloramas.
“The Studio” means Outset Studio, Studio A7, Mainyard Studios, 17 Lyon Road, London, SW19 2RL.
The Studio agrees to provide The Equipment in good working order, but makes no special guarantees as to said Equipment’s functionality or suitability for The Client’s purposes. Any Equipment lost, damaged or stolen will be charged to The Client at its full replacement cost. The Client may not remove any Equipment from The Studio’s premises and all Equipment must be returned promptly at the end of The Hire Period and in the same condition that it was in at the start of the hire period. The Client is fully and solely responsible for any breakages or damage to supplied Equipment.
The Client shall be responsible for all or any costs or expenses incurred by us as a result of any damage by The Client to the fabric or contents (including furniture) of The Studio premises. No alterations decorations or additions to The Studio are permitted (unless agreed in advance with The Studio).
Health and safety
1. No smoking is allowed in the Main Yard Studios Building, including The Studio.
2. Cooking is not permitted in The Studio (however, the microwave in the Studio may be used).
3. Prior to commencing work, Clients should familiarise themselves with the location of the clearly-marked fire exit in the Main Yard Studios Building, the fire extinguishers provided both within The Studio and in the outside corridor, and the first aid kit.
4. All accidents, however small, should be logged immediately in the accident reporting book which is located next to the first aid kit.
Use of The Studio and equipment is at The CLIENT’S OWN RISK. The Client hereby waives rights to seek legal redress for mishaps, accidents, and/or loss while on our premises. The Client agrees to leave The Studio, Main Yard Studios building and the Car Park in the same condition as when The Client arrived. The Client is solely responsible for any legal infractions they or members of their party commit during The Hire Period, be they in The Studio or within theMain Yard Studios Building.
The Client agrees to be solely responsible for the conduct and welfare of all persons accompanying The Client whilst in the Studio and/or the Main Yard Studios Building.
The Client understands that if The Studio is of the view that dangerous or negligent practices or activities are being engaged in during the Hire Period, The Studio reserves the right to stop the shoot and require The Client and The Client’s party to leave immediately. However, The Studio assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY to act in such cases. The Client agrees to hold The Studio, its agents, representatives, and anyone acting on behalf of the Studio completely harmless from any action, legal or otherwise, that results from The Client’s conduct.
Save in respect of anything that cannot be excluded by Statute, neither the Manager nor The Studio takes responsibility for any loss or damages suffered by The Client, caused by, or arising from its use of The Studio or any Equipment. All equipment and valuables brought on to The Studio premises by The Client shall be at The Client’s own risk. It is in The Client’s best interests to make sure that they have sufficient insurance to cover themselves and their equipment.
The Client agrees to hold harmless The Studio, its owner, agents, representatives, and contractors acting on its behalf for any loss, accident, or injury to The Client’s self or anyone who accompanies The Client whilst on our premises.
Making a booking and reschedule/cancellation/refund policy:
- To secure a booking, we require the booking to be paid in full.
- Payments are refundable up till 48 hours before your session start time
- Payments are not refundable in case of cancellations less than 48 hours
- Cancellations within 48 hours of session/appointment start time, or no-shows, will result in the booker being invoiced for the remaining balance
- Bookings that start or finish within 7 pm to 9 am will be subject to a night/early morning surcharge which is £10 extra on the booking fee.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your booking start time, however, we do not guarantee that you will be let into the studio before your time.
- We only guarantee the studio will be available for your use during the hours it has been booked by you.
- Please make sure the studio is in the state you found it in after your session.
Podcast / Recording Bookings:
- Please note our studio is Acoustically treated and not sound proof, please see examples of the audio quality recorded in our studio Click Here to have a listen.
- We are responsible to make sure the equipment you use is in a working condition before your session.
- We will show you how to use our equipment before your first session with us, however, you are responsible to make sure that microphones are active on the recorder and you are recording to the settings (volume, file format..etc) you desire and all/any cameras are recording during the times in the session you require and to the format and picture profile that you need to set it to.
- If there is a custom setup to using external equipment we can’t guarantee the quality of the audio will be the same as the examples provided in the website, however you are more than welcome to bring your own equipment.
Damaging any equipment:
- If you have damaged any equipment or any equipment you believe has been damaged or not functional before please report this to a member of staff.
- Any damaged equipment will be charged to the card you have booked with or any registered card under your account for the price to replace the item.
- Put props, studio clothing and equipment back where you found it at the end of your hire
- Wipe your outdoor shoes with before stepping onto the backdrops
- Dispose of your waste in the bins provided
- Take used cups back to the kitchen area
- Notify a member of staff of any damage to studio property or equipment, failure to do so will result in a charge to your card/s registered under your account.
- Note that the person who made the booking will be primarily responsible for the repair or replacement of damaged studio property and equipment.
- Bookings are filmed on camera (with Audio) for training and security purposes and for damage claims. It is the responsibility of the person booking to notify other attendees of this policy.
- notify a member of staff if you require first aid
- Be respectful of other studios and people on location
Please do not:
- drag heavy items across the floor (instead, ask a member of staff to help you lift and move them to avoid damage to the floor)
- notify a member of staff if you require first aid
- Enter any other studio without prior consent
By booking us you agree to abide by the terms set out in this booking agreement.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Effective from 10th December 2019
These terms and conditions shall be read and construed in accordance with English Law.