Outset Studio – Booking agreement
“The Client” means any person or organisation dealing with the Studio or any agent, representative, servant, employee, or subcontractor of such person or organisation.
“The Equipment” means all fixtures and fittings and all equipment situated in or provided by The Studio.
“The Studio” means the location which our studio are located in the address on your confirmation email.
“us” or “Outset Studio” means Outset Studio Group Ltd.
“Building” means the building in which the studio is situated.
The Studio agrees to provide the equipment in good working order but makes no special guarantees as to said Equipment’s functionality or suitability for The Client’s purposes. Any Equipment lost, damaged or stolen will be charged to The Client at its full replacement cost. The Client may not remove any Equipment from The Studio’s premises and all Equipment must be returned promptly at the end of the hire period and in the same condition that it was in at the start of the hire period. The Client is fully and solely responsible for any breakages or damage to supplied Equipment, and grants permission to Outset Studio Group Ltd. to charge The Client card for said damages.
The Client shall be responsible for all or any costs or expenses incurred by Outset Studio as a result of any damage by The Client to the fabric or contents (including furniture) of The Studio premises. No alterations decorations or additions to The Studio are permitted (unless agreed in advance with The Studio).
Health and safety
1. No smoking is allowed in the building, including The Studio.
2. Cooking & hot foods are not permitted in The Studio, (unless prior permission is taken with
3. Prior to commencing work, Clients should familiarise themselves with the location of the clearly-marked fire exit in the building, the fire extinguishers provided both within The Studio or building.
Use of The Studio and equipment is at The CLIENT’S OWN RISK. The Client hereby waives rights to seek legal redress for mishaps, accidents, and/or loss while on our premises. The Client agrees to leave The Studio, building and the Car Park in the same condition as when The Client arrived. The Client is solely responsible for any legal infractions they or members of their party commit during the hire period, be they in The Studio or within the Building.
The Client agrees to be solely responsible for the conduct and welfare of all persons accompanying The Client whilst in the Studio.
The Client understands that if The Studio is of the view that dangerous or negligent practices or activities are being engaged in during the hire period, The Studio reserves the right to stop the session and require The Client and The Client’s party to leave immediately. The Client agrees to hold The Studio, its agents, representatives, and anyone acting on behalf of the Studio completely harmless from any action, legal or otherwise, that results from The Client’s conduct.
Save in respect of anything that cannot be excluded by Statute, neither the Manager nor The Studio takes responsibility for any loss or damages suffered by The Client, caused by, or arising from its use of The Studio or any Equipment. All equipment and valuables brought on to The Studio premises by The Client shall be at The Client’s own risk. It is in The Client’s best interests to make sure that they have sufficient insurance to cover themselves and their equipment.
The Client agrees to hold harmless The Studio, its owner, agents, representatives, and contractors acting on its behalf for any loss, accident, or injury to The Client’s self or anyone who accompanies The Client whilst on our premises.
Making a booking and reschedule/cancellation/refund policy:
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your booking start time, however, we do not guarantee that you will be let into the studio before your time.
- We only guarantee the studio will be available for your use during the hours it has been booked for.
- Your booking must include any time you need to set up, clear up and/or transfer data to your personal device(s). Please ensure you have factored this in when selecting the duration of your session.
- Any additional equipment/furniture or changes to the set in the studio, must be included in the time booked, also please note that you will be responsible for any transportation of this equipment in and out of the studio or building.
- Please note that your session starts from the time you booked the studio, not from the time you start recording or arrive.
- Please make sure the studio is in the state you found it in, after your session.
- Overrunning your session will result in a 1.5(x) multiple of The Studios hourly rate, as a late fee, which is incurred for every 30 mins over the time you booked.
- The same type of session or add-ons will be consistent throughout your booking and will not be possible to change mid-way. ex. if you need a Videographer you will have to book them for the whole session and not only half the session or a part of it, or if you booked a Video and Audio session you are not able to change the session halfway to Audio only.
Podcast / Recording Bookings:
- Please note most of our studios are Acoustically treated and not soundproof, please see examples of the audio quality recorded in our studios Click Here.
- We are responsible to make sure the equipment you use is in working condition before your session.
- If your session is self-service (i.e. a Videographer is NOT booked with your session) we will show you how to use our equipment before your first session with us, however, you are responsible to make sure that microphones are active on the recorder and you are recording to the settings (volume, file format..etc) you desire and all/any cameras are recording and operating correctly during the times in the session you require and to the format and picture profile that you need to set it to.
- If you have booked a Videographer all responsibility for lighting, audio and camera will be on us.
- If there is a custom setup using external equipment we can’t guarantee the quality of the audio or video will be the same as the examples provided on the website, however, you are more than welcome to bring your own equipment.
- Any files recorded at the studio, except when an email and audio transfer (add-on) has been purchased, is the responsibility of the person(s) that has booked the session, we will not save files after the session is done, please make sure you get your files and double check that you have them before you leave your session.
Damaging any equipment:
- If you have damaged any equipment or any equipment you believe has been damaged or not functional before please report this to a member of staff.
- Any damaged equipment will be charged to the card you have booked with or any registered card under your account for the price to replace the item.
- Please make sure to leave the studio as found, any mess left behind from empty bottles to food or any rubbish, you will be charged a cleaning fee (Fee will depend on how much cleaning needs to be done) to set the studio back to how it was found, this will be charged to the card(s) you booked with or you will be invoiced for it.
- Put props, studio clothing and equipment back where you found it at the end of your hire
- Dispose of your waste in the bins provided
- Notify a member of staff of any damage to studio property or equipment, failure to do so will result in a charge to your card/s registered under your account.
- Note that the person who made the booking will be primarily responsible for the repair or replacement of damaged studio property and equipment, and also any extra fees incurred during the session.
- Bookings are filmed on camera [CCTV] (with Audio) for training and security purposes and for damage claims. It is the responsibility of the person booking to notify other attendees of this policy.
- Notify a member of staff if you require first aid
- Be respectful of other studios and people on location
- Please note that we will charge your card for any additional fees required, including but not limited to, Add-ons or damage, without any further notice.
- We will not be able to store any extra equipment, prop or furniture inside the studio for future sessions
- Please make sure to arrange your own transportation to the studio, including parking if required.
Please do not:
- drag heavy items across the floor (instead, ask a member of staff to help you lift and move them to avoid damage to the floor)
- notify a member of staff if you require first aid
- Enter any other studio without prior consent
By booking us you agree to abide by the terms set out in this booking agreement.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Effective from 10th December 2019
Last Update: 24th May 2023
These terms and conditions shall be read and construed in accordance with English Law.